Friday, May 1, 2020

Show and Tell #4

Jeanne Kaye continues to be our Energizer Bunny...  I don't think she ever sleeps!! She has been
busy - enjoy her solo Show and Tell!



 "My sister gave me this kit for my birthday last fall, but I wasn't sewing then. It was a fun easy project, and the first time I had made Prairie Points in a continuous strip. Great method!"
(Editor's Note - Stay tuned next year, your Program Committee plans to share this technique with you!)








"I was desperate for spring on April 9, the day I sat down to make these lovely tulips - because outside it was snowing, and looked more like a Winter Wonderland than any signs of our longed-for Spring! Love this little runner because it looks so cheery - and hopeful!"









"Block of the Week Project - This project sounded like fun when it was advertised in early January,
so I signed up for it. I picked my fabrics from a fat quarter bundle that I bought in Dunedin FL several years ago, and supplemented it with the ivory background and Kona solids in navy and pink. And while it was fun to do, the real challenge is waiting for Wednesday to roll around each week, when the new block pattern is released. Don't they know that I would really like to get the patterns more quickly than ONE A WEEK? I persevere, and practice my patience which sometimes can be in short supply."






"The Fabric Cupboard in Moncton advertised a sew along with this Village pattern. The original plan included houses, roofs and the occasional chimney. I really like a light in the window, so I added a yellow block above each front door, to let everyone know that there are people in each house, strictly observing the new social distancing measures. We are alone, but together in our isolation. Word on the street is that Jacquie might have another sew along, and I am ready for that to begin! Bring it on!"




"I started looking at my batik tub, found quite a few fat quarters, then had to find a pattern to match. This is what I found, and when it is quilted, I think it will make a bright throw for someone's family room."








"This pattern (Delectable Mountains) was in an old quilt magazine, and having just ordered a fat quarter bundle of 36, plus yardage to coordinate from The Fabric Cupboard, I started cutting it all apart and sewing it back together! It is a King size quilt, and I have no idea where it might find a home, but I really like Moda's Kansas Troubles fabrics. And now I still have a great stash of leftovers from the 36 fat quarters, so I had better look for more patterns! Any suggestions?"




"I was searching for something- anything- to make and found a UFO. I was aghast, as I try very hard not to have any UFO's, but there we are. I had started this several years ago in Florida, but time ran out and we had to come home before I got very far. I had these five star blocks made; considered them; looked at the fabric I had set aside to complete the project; contemplated my interest in continuing; and decided a runner was in order! I like these stars, but I had moved on and lost interest in making any more."


WOW! Well done, Jeanne Kaye!! You ARE keeping busy! (Readers, what do you think? Does she ever sleep??)

No comments:

Post a Comment