Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Show and Tell #7

It's high time for more Show and Tell. Many thanks to those who have sent in photos!! Keep them coming! And my apologies to those who sent photos quite a while ago... here they are, finally! I've been very tied up for the last 6 weeks with two senior family member "issues"...That, on top of Blogger is now using a new interface..... grrrrr....this post came with many frustrations.. photos wouldn't load, then they loaded sideways, etc. etc.
I've always thought "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"...
I wish Blogger would live by that too... So again, my apologies for being a little "behind"...






Angela L-P kept busy with some orphan blocks after our lecture/demo on "Using Orphan Blocks" by Joyce Newman. Angela had fun creating several lovely quilts. Do you recognize any of your donated blocks here? 








Angela also had some fun with the mini quick curve ruler to create a quilt for her young granddaughter. Birds, leaves and flowers....  beautiful Angela! I bet she loves it! This was a wallhanging size
design which she enlarged.

















Fran B. was in "production mode" and completed 24 masks and 14 scrub caps! Great job Fran, I'm sure they were appreciated.










Gail B. sent a heart-warming "Covid quilt" story:  I met my new neighbour for the first time just a few days before Christmas. Her name is Hui and her daughter was just about to arrive from China to spend Christmas with them. She was so excited!
I didn't see them over the winter until mid-April. They then told me that the daughter hadn't been able to go back home due to the Covid outbreak in China. She was 5 months pregnant when she arrived, and now had just had a baby girl the previous week. I had this top ready to put together for a Community Projects donation, but I thought a direct gift to this young woman for her baby so far from home was well suited.
What a lovely story. A kind and generous gift, Gail. I'm sure that new Mom was thrilled with your thoughtfulness.





Last up today is Diane R. who has finished a scrappy batik quilt made with the Strip Tube ruler. This was a retreat project, now finished and quilted by Diane. Beautiful, Diane! What's not to love about batiks?!







Happy Canada Day everyone! July is right around the corner....  Is anyone doing a Christmas in July project??

No comments:

Post a Comment