Monday, March 16, 2015

Did you know that March is National Quilting Month? And this coming Saturday, March 21 is National Quilting DAY? I hope you are celebrating in fine style. Are you working on a special project? Or perhaps finishing up something wonderful for our upcoming Show? Whatever your project I hope you're having lots of fun with it. Perhaps we'll see it at Show and Tell?

Speaking of our Show, have you sent in your Entry Form(s) yet? We are waiting...... It's very difficult to plan a Show when we don't know what we're going to have to display, so please get your entries in to Kathy T. as soon as possible. It will really help out the Committee.

Our March meeting is March 17 - St. Patrick's Day.  Maybe we'll be visited by a leprechaun or two...? Don't forget your Show and Tell items, library books, nametags, and chequebook if you plan to sign up for a workshop. See you there. Will you be wearin' the green?

Last month's meeting was very informative, and lots of good tips were passed on. We all enjoyed JoAnn's presentation on what's new on the market and at The Christmas Crab Quiltery. (Ladies, if you haven't used your coupon yet, it expires this week. Just sayin'.) If you recall the discussion on the wonders of Blue Dawn (the answer for returning your washable sticky roller to its ultimate super-stickiness) you might find the following link useful. Click on it for 20 more uses of Blue Dawn  around the home: 
http://rantaboutthisandraveaboutthat.blogspot.ca/2012/08/26-uses-for-original-blue-dawn-liquid.html

And, to end with a chuckle, here's one more use for Dawn. Let us know if you try this and it works...

DO NOT wash your hair in the shower!
It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!! IT  INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO: IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT.
I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,"FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME."
No wonder I have been gaining weight!
Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn Dishwashing Soap. Its label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE." Problem solved!
If I don't answer the phone, I'll be in the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment