Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Threadworks 2010 Show

A while back I promised to take you on some "armchair tours" of Shows that I have found on various blogs that I follow. Today I'll take you to the Wellington Co. Museum in Fergus Ontario (near Guelph) for the Threadworks Show. It showcases exceptional needlework, by both hand and machine, by artists across Canada. This show is a special project of ONN - the Ontario Network of Needleworkers and the theme this year was Trees. Threadworks is a juried exhibition that is mounted every three years, and then travels around Ontario to various galleries and museums. All pieces must be original, and must be "substantially worked" with a hand or machine needle. FQG member Kathy Tidswell has a piece in this show.
I found this "review" on a Blog I follow, called True Blue Canadian. You can see her photos and read her comments about the Show by clicking here and here. You can see all the show pieces by viewing the catalogue here. The Threadworks website can be viewed here.
So go get a cuppa, sit back and enjoy the show.... for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment