Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pot Luck Favorite

At our recent pot luck meeting, I was restricted to eating soft foods only because of some dental work I had the day before. I was browsing the great buffet and saw this beautiful pan of soft-looking cornbread. It was very moist, almost pudding like in consistency, but it was cornbread with a lovely flavor. I went back for seconds and smacked my lips the whole time I ate the second piece too. It was so good.

I asked around, and it was super-cook Gail Butts who brought it. The Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread recipe comes from the food networks Ina Garten - the Barefoot Contessa. I should have known. She is such a good cook and I regularly use her cookbooks.

Want to give it a try? The recipe from the Food Network can be found here.

Did you have a favorite food at the Pot Luck? Let us know, and we'll see if we can get you the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm..sounds yummy! I'll have to give it a try! Linda H

    ReplyDelete